In cases where an applicant has an urgent and unforeseen need for travel to the U.S., it is possible to request an earlier appointment from the Consular Section. Please check the Embassy's guidelines below to determine if you qualify for an expedited interview appointment.
- Serious illness or death of a family member in the U.S. (family members are the applicant’s parent, spouse, child, brother or sister)
- Emergency medical treatment due to serious and unexpected events, including accompanying persons (e.g. parent of a sick child)
- Emergency business travel. This rule does not apply to groups of five or more applicants who have special appointment and interview procedure.
- Emergency student or exchange visitor travel (in case a student or an exchange visitor is unable to schedule an appointment before their program begins)
- The purpose of travel is in the U.S. government interest, is sponsored by the U.S. or Armenian government.
If you fall under one of the above categories, please follow all three steps of the nonimmigrant visa application process listed earlier and contact the Consular Section by e-mail at email@example.com. Please explain the reason for your urgent need to travel and provide the following information: applicant's name, phone number and applicant's scheduled appointment date. Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. We will respond to the request within 1 or 2 days by e-mail or phone.